Christmas and Chairs

Christmas this year was with my family in Nashville. Two weeks before Christmas we finally finished our hardwood floors, put our doors back on, and were slowly taking loads over to the house to start the process of moving in.

First load... Christmas decorations :) This is just one of the many reasons I have the greatest husband in the world.

Here's our tree before any ornaments were on it. I could stare at this all day long.


Since we only had a few weeks before Christmas, I only put up a few things. Since my pinterest-inspired wreath was on the front door, I decided to put our Christmas wreath on the door to the porch.


My one food contribution to the Family Christmas was going to be cookies. JT and I love these and good thing Marcy (my MIL) showed me the easiest recipe!

- Buy peanut butter cookie mix (where you only add water, eggs, & oil)
- Mix the dough
- Roll 1 inch balls in pure sugar
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake according to package
- Once removed from the oven, let cool for 3 minutes and then pace a kiss on top!
- To harden the chocolate, stick the tray in the freezer for a few minutes
- Enjoy! YUM-O.


For the last 7 months we've been eating at a coffee table and sofa. We sold our old table and chairs before we moved from Dallas and have been looking for the perfect set to stay in our family for years to come. Something sturdy that will last up to the wear and tear of many parties, family dinners, work space, etc. We found our table at Crate and Barrel and wanted to find chairs that we could mix-match. Ikea had the perfect grey/brown slim chairs we were looking for. 

Our family all pitched in and gave us our table for Christmas. What a blessing. Crate and Barrel delivered it in one piece and now all we were waiting for was chairs. In saving money with Ikea, you are required to assemble the furniture yourself. After Christmas, we took a day trip up to Cincinnati, bought our chairs, drove home and assembled them. After just a few hours, we were finished and we finally had our table and chairs! 




And here's the final product! (The love seat did not stay in the dining room... it now is where the Christmas tree stood)



We had a wonderful Christmas with my side of the family and absolutely adored my little nephew every minute. I can't lie... he was the highlight of everyone's trip :)



One afternoon we went on a walk and took some family pictures... JT and I couldn't take a serious shot... we had too much fun!


One of the best family pictures we've taken in a while. Merry Christmas everyone!


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP